Google

Thursday, September 11, 2008

My sincere thanks

We usually say-thank-you,sorry,excuse me and so many things daily but sometimes we don't really mean them.But here when I say thanks -I mean it.My thanks to all specially to shankar and others - as you welcome me back and for appriciating me much.When we here in India start a new project or start learning a new science or art we convey our sincere thanks to the preceptors,parents,the governing divinity so on and so forth.Are there different methods of conveying thanks ?when we were small kids, my parents and grandparents had many village boys and girls coming to our garden home where they were given free education,food and all that they needed untill they became self sufficient.And when I one day asked my grandfather why all that was provided free ?THe answer he gave me is still fresh in my mind.He said this is the way of conveying thanks to great people who helped him become a post master.In those days of British raj-becoming a postmaster was a big job and society gave a lot of respect to a postmaster and many people came to him to solve all their problems. He was educated by a humble couple who strived to give him education and expected nothing in return.He lost his parents while he was still a small boy and this humble couple who were his uncle and aunt had no kids and they brought him up and when he asked how he should repay them, they had advised him to contunue the good work they thought was their life's mission,so grandfather promised that he would contune this free education untill his death and my father continued the same,now me.But now I have added one more dimension to this -free medical aid to villages where health is still just a dream.Do you want to join hands- then just send me your sincere best wishes.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home